Avoiding a large Vessel Passing Event
- All vessels should monitor channel 16 before and during movement within the marina.
- Large vessels should sound a prolonged blast before leaving their slip.
- Large vessels should initiate a security call on channel 16 before entering or leaving the marina
- All vessels must be aware of these procedures, recognizing that the larger boats must stay in the middle of the channel.
- To avoid congestion and confusion, contact the marina on channel 16 before approaching the fuel dock.
- To avoid possible electrical problems, make sure your electrical lines will stay out of the water.
- Avoid trip hazards by coiling up excess lines, hoses and cable, both on the dock and on your vessel.
- Make sure your lights, electronics and radios are all turned off before leaving your boat.
- Return dock carts to their proper station.